Silex Technology Introduces Internal Print Server
SX-350 Offers OEMs Easy Integration Into Printers
Tustin, Calif. – July 31, 2007 – Continuing to build on its leadership in the print server industry, Silex Technology today announced its SX-350 print server. The SX-350 is an internal multiprotocol print server designed to allow OEM printer manufacturers and printer controller manufacturers to easily add wired and/or wireless network printing capabilities to their products.
The SX-350 is a small board-level product that mounts inside the printer and features:
- Centronics/IEEE1284 parallel port (40-pin ribbon cable connector) – uses standard cabling to connect SX-350 with little or no hardware or firmware modifications required in the printer
- 802.11a/b/g wireless radio module (wireless models only) – enables portable printers to be networked, and also allows printers to be located where cabling is difficult or impossible
- Support for all major operating systems, protocols, and management software – can be used with virtually any computer and network.
“Silex has continued to leverage its extensive experience in the print server market to develop this latest embedded technology,” said Keith Sugawara, vice present and general manager of Silex Technology’s Connectivity and Wireless division. “Our customers demand reliability, performance and advanced features that the SX-350 delivers.”
Silex enterprise print servers support the most extensive range of features in the industry, including:
- Compatibility with Windows, Macintosh, UNIX, Linux, OpenVMS, OS/400, and most other types of host computers and operating systems
- TCP/IP, NetWare, AppleTalk, NetBIOS/NetBEUI, and DLC/LLC protocol support
- Compatibility with all common printing methods, including lpr/lpd, IPP, and Windows Standard TCP/IP port
- JetAdmin and Web JetAdmin management software support
- Sophisticated security features, including 802.1X authentication (TLS, TTLS, PEAP, LEAP, and FAST support), configuration passwords, access control lists, and protocol enable/disable
- Complete wireless security, including WPA2, WPA2-PSK, WPA, WPA-PSK, and WEPRS-232 serial port for console terminal configuration
The SX-350 from Silex Technology is now shipping and is available directly from the company. For more information, please visit www.silexamerica.com or call 866.765.8761.
About SILEX TECHNOLOGY
SILEX TECHNOLOGY America, Inc. is a subsidiary of SILEX TECHNOLOGY, Inc. (JASDAQ:6679), a 30-year developer of systems, external and embedded device connectivity products, and biometric readers and software. SILEX has become one of the largest global suppliers of print server products over the past 10 years, and also offers a full line of biometric fingerprint devices. SILEX TECHNOLOGY is focused on offering leading edge print servers, device servers, and fingerprint security devices that help enterprises, small to medium businesses and individuals improve the way they move data, print, and secure information. For additional information, call (801) 748-1199 or go to www.silexamerica.com.