June 2, 2015
Silex Technology Launches Low-Cost Mini-PCIe Combo Wi-Fi Module
New Module Features Compatibility with Freescale’s i.MX6 Platform
Santa Ana, Calif., June 2nd, 2015– Silex Technology America, Inc., a global leader in wired and wireless networking solutions, today announced the SX-PCEGN-BT, an 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth combo PCIe solution based on Qualcomm Atheros’s proven technology. It features the AR9485 chipset for Wi-Fi and AR3012 for Bluetooth 4.0 support. The SX-PCEGN-BT joins the Silex PCIe product family and, like other Silex PCIe offerings, is a viable wireless connectivity option for the i.MX 6 platform.
“The SX-PCEGN-BT is our entry-level PCIe solution that offers Bluetooth for users looking to add a Bluetooth connectivity option to their device using a PCIe radio,” said Babar Hashim, product manager at Silex Technology America. “Its low cost and Freescale compatibility combined with our unmatched local support make it an ideal solution for customers who want to integrate high-performance Wi-Fi into their i.MX6 platforms.”
With the SX-PCEGN-BT, OEM manufacturers can add Wi-Fi connectivity to their systems and devices easily and efficiently, helping customers get to market quickly. Silex also offers driver porting and certification consultancy as additional options.
- Supports up to 150 Mbps data rate
- Compliant with IEEE802.11 b/g/n standards
- Compliant with IEEE 802.11b, 802.11d, 802.11e and 802.11g standards and the 802.11i specification
- Includes signal-sustain technology (SST) rate-over-range enhancements such as low-density parity check (LDPC), maximum likelihood demodulation (MLD) and transmit beamforming (TxBF)
- Supports all mandatory IEEE 802.11n features as well as several optional features such as HT40, half-guard interval in HT40 and Rx space-time block coding (STBC)
- Supports low-power sleep modes and wake-on-wireless (WoW) LAN
- Features the Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 + HS chipset and Bluetooth Class 1 Radio
- USB 2.0 device interface supports standard HCI USB
- RoHS compliant
About Silex Technology America, Inc. Silex Technology builds on more than 40 years of hardware and software connectivity know-how and IP, custom design development experience, and in-house manufacturing capabilities, bringing value to customers with a foundation of technical expertise. With relentless attention to quality, exclusive access to Qualcomm Atheros expertise, and strategic partnerships with leading semiconductor providers, Silex Technology is the global leader in reliable Wi-Fi connectivity for products ranging from a medical device to a document imaging product to a video or digital display. With Silex Technology, customers get a single vendor that provides hardware and software support from design through manufacturing for successful product after successful product. For more information, please visit www.silexamerica.com.