June 26, 2014
Silex Makes Home and Enterprise Wireless Networking Accessible with 802.11ac-based SX-PCEAC
New PCIe Mini Card with 3x3 Architecture Triples the Wireless Performance of Traditional 802.11n
SANTA ANA, Calif., June 26th, 2014 – Silex Technology America, Inc., a global leader in wired and wireless networking solutions, today announced the release of SX-PCEAC, an 802.11ac single-band 3x3 PCIe Mini Card. The new card features the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9880 chipset, designed to deliver wireless data rates of up to 1.3Gbps. The SX-PCEAC targets home and enterprise wireless access points, offering reliable wireless performance for a variety of bandwidth-intensive video-over-wireless applications.
“Cloud-based services and multimedia streaming are drastically increasing the demand for wireless bandwidth and crowding the 2.4GHz spectrum. These challenges have pushed us to respond with the next-generation of wireless products - 802.11ac-based technology,” said Babar Hashim, product manager at Silex America. “Our new SX-PCEAC card gives customers the ability to easily and reliably support applications where this extra bandwidth is required, like deploying HD video over Wi-Fi.”
The 802.11ac standard addresses new business requirements to achieve the goal of higher data rate and greater link reliability by sophisticated RF architectural enhancements. The increased performance and higher capacity of SX-PCEAC have tremendous appeal for organizations rapidly approaching the limits of their current Wi-Fi network, or for organizations that are striving to adopt next-generation applications or interactive network experiences.
• Supports 20/40/80MHz channel and 256 QAM to maximize bandwidth efficiency
• Offers single-band 802.11ac/n/a to support 3Tx/3Rx and enables antenna port data rate up to 1.3Gbps
• Provides standard 29.85(W) x 50.80(L) mm PCIe full-size mini card with mounting holes for embedding into ultra-compact devices or embed additional mini cards with complementary technologies
• Enables design flexibility to utilize different transmit/receive chains to communicate with different users with three U.FL antenna connectors
• Ensures a high level protection of human health and the environment from risks that can be posed by chemicals with RoHS compliance
• Provides enterprise-level wireless security (WPA/WPA2-Enterprise, 802.1x)
About Silex Technology America, Inc.
Silex Technology builds on more than 40 years of hardware and software connectivity know-how and IP, custom design development experience, and in-house manufacturing capabilities, bringing value to customers with a foundation of technical expertise. With relentless attention to quality, exclusive access to Qualcomm Atheros expertise, and strategic partnerships with leading semiconductor providers, Silex Technology is the global leader in reliable Wi-Fi connectivity for products ranging from a medical device to a document imaging product to a video or digital display. With Silex Technology, customers get a single vendor that provides hardware and software support from design through manufacturing for successful product after successful product. For more information, please visit www.silexamerica.com.