Gigabit Ethernet to 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless Bridge
SX-BR-4600WAN2 is a high-performance wireless network adapter which enables any Ethernet device to become an 802.11a/b/g/n dual band wireless network device, giving the freedom to place it anywhere in your facility.
- SX-BR-4600WAN2 is designed to communicate in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands
- The wired LAN port supports 10/100/1000BASE-T (autorecognition) with auto-MDIX (crossover detection)
- Two operation modes: Single client mode & Multi client mode.
- No special drivers or software are required for setup.
- Supports industry-leading security including WPA, WPA2, plus 802.1x authentication with the most commonly used EAP types
The SX-BR-4600WAN2 allows any Ethernet enabled device to join a secure, high-speed network. It is software transparent meaning no changes to drivers, management tools, or applications are needed. It allows â€‘flexibility to locate Ethernet devices in places where running cables is difficult or impossible. It supports industry leading security including WPA, WPA2, plus 802.1x authentication with the most commonly used EAP types.
Features and Benefits:
Easily add robust, secure wireless capabilities to Ethernet devices
The Silex SX-BR-4600WAN2 is a high-performance wireless network adapter which enables any Ethernet device to become an 802.11a/b/g/n dual band wireless network device, giving you freedom to place it anywhere in your facility.
Dual band IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n support
SX-BR-4600WAN2 is designed to communicate in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. Radio interference in the commonly used 2.4 GHz band can be avoided by utilizing 5 GHz.
Gigabit Ethernet support
The wired LAN port supports 10/100/1000BASE-T (auto-recognition).
Two operation modes
- Single client mode
- Able to connect one device, which is connected to the wired LAN port of SX-BR-4600WAN2 using a LAN cable, to wireless LAN
- Uses the MAC address of the device connected to the wired LAN port for wireless communications (MAC address transparency feature)
- Stops the bridge functionality when the device connected to the wired LAN port is replaced by another device (security feature)
- Multi-client mode
- Able to connect up to 16 wired LAN devices through a HUB to the wireless LAN.
- Uses the MAC address of the SX-BR-4600WAN2 for wireless LAN communications.
Simple to setup and use (patented)
SX-BR-4600WAN2 is easy to set up using the enclosed network setup cable. No special drivers or software are required.
SX-BR-4600WAN2 supports the following security functions:
- WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES)
- WPA2-PSK (AES)
- IEEE 802.1X EAP-PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, EAP-FAST, EAP-LEAP
Integrated device management software "AMC Manager"
AMC Manager is an integrated device management software intended for the networking products. With the software, network administrators easily can configure, manage, and monitor Silex products connected to a wired or wireless network remotely. AMC Manager monitors status and provides the ability to perform configuration changes, firmware updates, and device rebooting of any number of Silex networking products remotely at once.
Product Name: SX-BR-4600WAN2
Network Interface: 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BAST-T (Auto-recognition)
Wireless LAN: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n (11n:2-Stream)
- WEP (64/128)
- WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES)
- WPA2-PSK (AES)
- IEEE 802.1X (EAP-PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, EAP-FAST, EAP-LEAP)
Dimensions: 110.5 mm × 79.0 mm × 27.6 mm
Weight: 130 g
Maximum Power Consumption: 3.75W (DC5V/0.75A)
Approvals: FCC, IC, VCI, CE Class B
- Operating: 0°C to 40°C Humidity: 20% to 80% RH
- Storage: -10°C to +50°C Humidity: 20% to 90% RH
Accessories: Main unit, setup guide, warranty, AC adapter, LAN cable, GPL inquiry sheet
Speak With An Expert
Complete this form to request more product information. We process our requests within two business days.