Gigabit USB Device Server
The Silex DS-510 is designed to easily connect and share USB devices over a network. Printers, Scanners, Disk Drives, Card Readers, or virtually any other USB device can be now be enabled with network capability. It allows flexibility to place the USB device anywhere on the network instead of needing to be attached directly to the computer, and multiple users can access the USB device.
- High Performance 800 MHz CPU
- 10/100/1000Base Ethernet port
- Two Hi-Speed USB 2.0 ports supporting USB bus power for devices
- High Speed Isochronous USB transfer for streaming applications
- Ideal for Virtual Environments and Citrix Ready certified
Features and Benefits:
- High-Performance data throughput due to optimized performance and Gigabit connection: Extremely powerful CPU (800MHz) and two USB Hi-Speed ports (TypeA)
- Energy Saver Mode When the device server is not used for a certain period of time, the power supply to the USB bus is turned off to save energy. The power supply to the USB bus is automatically turned back on when the server is used again.
- The Printer AutoConnect feature works with the Windows or Macintosh printing system and allows multiple computers to easily share USB printer over the network by making an automatic connection to the printer. Then it will automatically disconnect after the print job is sent making the device server available to the next user.
- Isochronous Transfer Mode USB devices such as Webcams or USB sound cards, which require ongoing data transmission in real time, can also be used in the network environment.
- Best Compatibility with a variety of USB devices over the network, like USB dongles, disk drives, flash drives and other storage media, scanners, printers, digital cameras, USB sound adapters, USB displays, input devices, mixing consoles and many more.
- Virtual environments: The USB Device Server is compatible with virtualization programs and environments such as VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Terminal Server and Hyper-V.
- No special drivers or applications are needed to use the USB devices: Drivers and applications that worked when the USB device is directly connected to the computer will continue to work across the network connected to the DS-510. The included Silex SX-Virtual Link software precisely emulates a USB connection on a Windows or Macintosh computer, and then redirects the packets over the network to the USB port of the DS-510.
Product name: DS-510
Wired LAN: 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T
Device interface: 2 x USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (type A)
Operating system supported:
Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32/64bit), Windows Vista (32/64bit), Windows XP (32bit), Windows 2000, Windows Server 2008/2003 (32/64bit), Mac OS X (PowerPC: Ver 10.3.x to Ver 10.5.x, Intel: Ver 10.4.4 to Ver 10.10.x)
Protocol supported: TCP/IP
Configuration: Setup utility (Device Server Setup), Web browser, TELNET
Dimensions: W: 100mm x D: 100mm x H: 25.5mm (body only)
Weight: 96g (main body only)
Power supply: AC adapter AC100V 50/60Hz
Maximum power consumption: 2.5W (DC5V 0.5A) not including USB bus power
Regulatory compliance: VCCI Class B / FCC Class B / CE Class B
Click on the contents file below to download the latest documentation for your product.
Unless otherwise noted, the documentation is in PDF format and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view.