802.11a/b/g SDIO Card Module
The SX-SDCAG is an 802.11a/b/g radio/baseband SDIO Card designed specifically for OEM embedded appllications. Features include:
- Ultracompact highly integrated system for 802.11a/b/g WLAN
- Very low power consumption for applications like battery operated devices
- Diversity antenna option
The Silex SX-SDCAG 802.11a/b/g wireless module is designed for OEMs who need a highly compact wireless radio/baseband solution with very low power consumption. This SDIO card contains MAC and baseband processors to offload processing from the main CPU and enables wireless connection even on a low processing power design. SX-SDCAG's diversity antenna option gives you better and wider wireless coverage.
SX-SDCAG is ideal for low power / battery operated devices like portable medical devices, RFID readers, mobile printers, and more.
The SX-SDCAG is designed to be directly inserted in an OEM PCB SDIO slot to minimize size and cost. It features an industry-standard SDIO interface, and is pre-tuned for ease of design and manufacturing. In order to expedite your product development process, Silex can also provide both hardware and software engineering services, as well as turnkey product design and manufacturing.
- Highly Integrated System for 802.11a/b/g WLAN
- Integrated Atheros AR6002 Single Chip design
- Very low power consumption
- Advanced power management to minimize standby and active power
- Built-In EEPROM for storage of MAC address and other parameters
- WEP 64/128, WPA (TKIP), WPA2 security
- Modular certification for FCC/IC Class B radiated emissions (With Silex recommended antennas)
Custom Driver Development
Because of the many hardware and software variables (for example, processor type, I/O controller, operating system version, etc.) there is no "one size fits all" driver for the SX-SDCAG. As a result, Silex offers custom programming services to port our drivers to your hardware platform. We have significant experience with Linux, Windows CE, VxWorks, ITRON, Green Hill’s INTEGRITY®, and other real-time operating systems, so we can get the job done quickly and efficiently.
||-20° to 70° C|
|Electrical Interface||SDIO v1.1 (4-bit, 1-bit)|
|Radio Transmit Power (Typical)||14dBm (802.11b/g); 11dBm (802.11a)|
||3.30 VDC +/- 5%|
||CSMA/CA media access; DSSS, OFDM|
|Packaging Demensions||27 x 46 x 4.1 mm|